Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Baby Showers: Decorating with Gifts

Like I mentioned yesterday, when I hosted a baby shower a couple of years ago for a friend, I found some ways to stretch my party budget. Decorations are cute, but to me they are the "nice to haves" that usually get cut from the budget. Besides, I wouldn't want to store a bunch of crepe paper storks in hopes of hosting another shower one day. I also wouldn't want to throw them away after one use. So, when I hosted this shower, my sister had a good idea: decorate with gifts for the mother-to-be.

Unfortunately, I don't have pictures of everything that we did. However, you can see in this picture that we strung up Onesies, receiving blankets, and baby socks to look like a clothes line. Then, I made letters to spell out "It's a Girl." I pinned those paper letters to the Onesies and blankets. It made for a cute, festive atmosphere, and at the end of the party, I pulled them all down for the new mommy to take home with her.
We also bought new toys and took them out of their packages to set on the food table and around the room as decorations. Those things also went home with the honoree as gifts.

So, this idea turned gifts we were giving anyway into the party decorations, saving us from having to spend money on stuff we probably wouldn't use again...but still having a cute and festive atmosphere.

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: