Saturday, December 8, 2007

Water, Water Everywhere

My beverage of choice is almost always water. It stems back to my childhood when on a regular basis our only options to drink were orange juice (which I only liked for breakfast), milk (which I've never liked), or water (which I probably chose back then by default). Now, I just like water. Besides liking to drink it, it has several big benefits: it's easy to get (don't need to go to the store); it's healthy; and it's inexpensive (tap water is okay for me).

I've noticed that I never drink all of my water (either the actual water I put in the glass or from the ice that melts). So, over the past couple of months, I've been saving that water in a pitcher on the kitchen counter by the sink. By the end of the week, I have enough to water my 16 house plants. Sometimes I even have more than enough for the plants. When that happens, I put the surplus into the toilet tank when it is refilling after I've flushed it.

No, I'm probably not going to be able to retire early with this little savings plan. However, I do believe every little bit helps. It's not any extra effort, so why not? Plus, I'm helping the environment in a small way. No sense in being wasteful.

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: