Thursday, January 17, 2008

Free in the City

Probably one of my most favorite things about living in the DC area is that there are tons of great cultural opportunities that are available -- for free! A great resource is the website for Cultural Tourism DC. I've looked at their website now and again. I even have it bookmarked. However, since I don't look at it often, I've been missing some things.

My friend Amy (who really is the go-to, know-it-all girl in terms of cool happenings -- and free activities! -- in DC) just pointed out to me that Cultural Tourism DC has a weekly e-newsletter. She thought it might be a good thing to put on my blog. Now, that's what Save 4 Fun is all about! (Thanks for the tip, Amy!)

One of the highlights in their e-newsletter this week is something called "Warm Up to a Museum" which includes all sorts of fun programs and events throughout February -- and they are free. Winter is a great time to hit the museums too because they aren't packed with tourists. (It's a good time to come to town too if you are an out-of-town tourist.) So, check it out. See what interests you and fits into your schedule. Go do something fun for free!

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: