Saturday, November 10, 2007

Deal of the Weekend

Last night, Michael and I went to an improv show called ComedySportz at the Comedy Spot in Arlington. It's a clean (kid-friendly and funny) show that is similar to Whose Line Is It Anyway. We got some good laughs out of it, and I'm always amazed at people who can think that quickly on their feet. For live entertainment, it was a good deal too. The regular cost for a ticket to the hour-and-half-long show is $14. Of course, we found a discount to make it an even better price!

This deal came through Goldstar, which is a service that sells discounted admission to all sorts of events and live entertainment in the DC area as well as Los Angeles, San Francisco, Chicago, New York, Boston, San Diego, and Las Vegas. (Sorry Atlanta!) There is a service fee that varies from event to event, but it's still an over all discount. For example, they advertised half-priced tickets to ComedySportz ($7). The service fee was $3, making the total price $10. So, that was 29% discount off the regular price. I'll take it!

Sign up for Goldstar, and they'll send you weekly emails about deals. It makes for an easy way to find a deal on entertainment.

By the way, if you don't do this already, sign up for a free email account (i.e. Google, Hotmail, Yahoo) that is different from your regular email account. I do that and use mine for things like Goldstar and other places that send emails on a regular basis. It doesn't clutter my regular inbox, and I can go in to look at all of the other stuff once a day in the other email account. It's a way of sorting my mail. Incidentally, I've been with Goldstar a year or more, and I only get regular email from them (no spam).

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: